With coffee I’m just… better. The sky is bluer, my jokes are funnier (at least to me…) Before we go any further I feel I owe it to the true coffee drinkers of the world to make a huge caveat. I’m not a coffee snob. I’m a coffee drink/coffee shop snob. Most of the time I basically order glorified warm milk. It’s basically heated almond milk with a shot of coffee and some sort of sweet flavoring. I’ll almost always say yes to whip because life’s just too short. But I’m pretty sold on these drinks with dinky amounts of espresso. But coffee drinking is an experience. And despite my weak drinks, I’ve jumped in wholeheartedly. I love trying out new places with cool ambience to saddle up and look at pretty latte art before I slowly sip it back. Here’s a little guide to some of my favorite and soon-to-be, probably favorite coffee shops in the Twin Cities.
Most likely to be perched: // (and my current order of choice!)
- Caribou on Grand // Salted Caramel Budino, made with half espresso and half flavor. Yes heavy whipping cream and yes whipped cream and toppings! I get mine made with almond milk but only do that if you’re ready, it definitely changes the taste a lot!
- Spyhouse on Washington // Spygirl please!
- Uncommon Grounds // the “orgasmic chai”! Yes, that’s the actual name of the drink. You will die. It’s unbelievable
- Starbucks on Grand // Toasted Graham Latte half espresso with almond milk
- Urban Bean // Miel half espresso
- Bread & Chocolate // Salted Caramel Latte, half espresso with almond milk!
The ones I want to visit more often:
- Empire // Simply stated, bright & open, tucked away but not hidden.
- Copper Hen // Coffee is good and so is anything I’ve eaten off of my plate or someone else’s here.
- Bachelor Farmer // I mean Sarah Jessica Parker eats at the bf restaurant when she’s in town so.
- Quixotic // Latte art on fleek. Also dig the chia pudding.
- Claddagh // Black and tan, so yummy, and comes in a comfort coffee kind of big black mug.
On my list to try!
- Penny’s // come for the neon sign of the upside-down “ok” hand emoji, stay for the coffee.
- Wesley Andrews // a new kid on the block with really shiny espresso machines.
- Saint Dinette // the food here may possibly outshine the coffee. burger & a latte? ok.
- Anelace // the ceiling itself seems to be worth a trip.
- Angel Food // mostly for the donuts shaped like letters
mmmmKAY! Have a great Friday all!
photos by @izkruse