The Hewing Hotel, newest gem to grace the North Loop in Minneapolis. Took a crack at billiards, sipped a festive cocktail, and lounged in the generously spacious foyer. It’s a must-visit. And stay. And play. And sip. And apparently snap pics the whole time.
top: statement boutique
clutch: statement boutique
bracelet: goldfine jewelry
necklace & cocktail ring: lulu frost via dnolo
black heels: coach
spray tan: the glow lounge
photos by josiah davie
Sometimes a company just gets it. And we like it. So the company does well. Like, real well. Altar’d State is one of the fastest growing women’s clothing and accessory retailers and for a reason. Maybe a few reasons. Their products are trend-right and wearable for most. Their online store is very user-friendly and regularly updated. Their price point is good, reflecting a higher quality good but not quite inaccessible designer pricing. And… their humanity is made so very evident through many heartfelt efforts to give back and move along local community-based, worthy causes.
This winter is no exception. Altar’d State is supporting Give Love campaign and encouraging others to give their time by actually paying its employees to get out and volunteer in their charities of choice. Altar’d State is also partnering with organizations that provide food and shelter to those in need by donating 10% of the day’s net proceeds every Monday. With every purchase, Altar’d State is further inspiring simple acts of kindness by giving a small gift – a lock and key- with each purchase, one component of which is to be given to someone in need of a little extra love this holiday season. I love that!
Knowing that Altar’d State puts such a focus on giving makes me really want to shop there -especially on Mondays. We can also join the movement by using the hashtag #ASGiveLove to talk about how we plan to give love this Christmas. So so SO cool of a reminder to keep things externally focused in the midst of a busy time. Participating in the #ASGiveLove buzz also means we get a chance to receive an Altar’d State giftcard and have a donation made to a charity of our choice.
SO MUCH GIVING BACK, SO MUCH LOVE. I LOVE IT ALL!
We actually just got an Altar’d State store at the Mall of America in Minnesota. I shopped it the other day and picked up a few gifts for my family, a big cozy sherpa vest and the velvet playsuit you see pictured here…. among other things lol. Pop in the next time you’re there! Which for me will be sometime this week, more Christmas shopping to finish up! I always say I’m gonna get it all done before this week but it never quite happens. So to the MOA I go!
Hope you’re enjoying these last few days before Christmas!
photos by Gavin Crews
With coffee I’m just… better. The sky is bluer, my jokes are funnier (at least to me…) Before we go any further I feel I owe it to the true coffee drinkers of the world to make a huge caveat. I’m not a coffee snob. I’m a coffee drink/coffee shop snob. Most of the time I basically order glorified warm milk. It’s basically heated almond milk with a shot of coffee and some sort of sweet flavoring. I’ll almost always say yes to whip because life’s just too short. But I’m pretty sold on these drinks with dinky amounts of espresso. But coffee drinking is an experience. And despite my weak drinks, I’ve jumped in wholeheartedly. I love trying out new places with cool ambience to saddle up and look at pretty latte art before I slowly sip it back. Here’s a little guide to some of my favorite and soon-to-be, probably favorite coffee shops in the Twin Cities.
Most likely to be perched: // (and my current order of choice!)
- Caribou on Grand // Salted Caramel Budino, made with half espresso and half flavor. Yes heavy whipping cream and yes whipped cream and toppings! I get mine made with almond milk but only do that if you’re ready, it definitely changes the taste a lot!
- Spyhouse on Washington // Spygirl please!
- Uncommon Grounds // the “orgasmic chai”! Yes, that’s the actual name of the drink. You will die. It’s unbelievable
- Starbucks on Grand // Toasted Graham Latte half espresso with almond milk
- Urban Bean // Miel half espresso
- Bread & Chocolate // Salted Caramel Latte, half espresso with almond milk!
The ones I want to visit more often:
- Empire // Simply stated, bright & open, tucked away but not hidden.
- Copper Hen // Coffee is good and so is anything I’ve eaten off of my plate or someone else’s here.
- Bachelor Farmer // I mean Sarah Jessica Parker eats at the bf restaurant when she’s in town so.
- Quixotic // Latte art on fleek. Also dig the chia pudding.
- Claddagh // Black and tan, so yummy, and comes in a comfort coffee kind of big black mug.
On my list to try!
- Penny’s // come for the neon sign of the upside-down “ok” hand emoji, stay for the coffee.
- Wesley Andrews // a new kid on the block with really shiny espresso machines.
- Saint Dinette // the food here may possibly outshine the coffee. burger & a latte? ok.
- Anelace // the ceiling itself seems to be worth a trip.
- Angel Food // mostly for the donuts shaped like letters
Snap, tweet or gram me with your favs & feedback!!!
Find me on snapchat: LindseyKate_XO, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, & Pinterest
Also I get a lot of compliments on these jeans! If you want them, you can buy them right here. Same goes for the jacket, it’s right here.
On the beauty side of things, I’m sporting a tan via The Glow Lounge, hair extensions by Stephanie Robinson, lashes by Mya at A Lash Above the Rest, & nails by A La Mode!
mmmmKAY! Have a great Friday all!
photos by @izkruse